Single Origin - Kuni - 50 servings
Our single-origin Everyday Matcha, Kuni, is ground from hand-picked tea leaves of the green tea shrub, grown in the hills of Kikugawa, Shizouka Prefecture, Japan. While many matcha products are matcha blends or mixed with green tea, Matchaful’s single-origin matcha is the real deal. The powder is 100% authentic matcha, ground from leaves grown on a single farm — because we believe you should know where your matcha’s been and the journey it took to get to you.
Matcha grows through the winter, and for the final 3-4 weeks of growth, it’s shaded — this is part of the traditional matcha-making process that gives matcha its umami flavor and rich green color. What’s special about this matcha is that it’s grown in a really special way: we know the exact farm that provided 100% of the matcha in this tin (aka it’s not a blend), and the necessary shade is provided by solar panels that generate power for nearby cities. Plus, it's pesticide free and only uses organic food scraps as organic fertilizer that is produced by the local community to maintain a closed-loop system.
Toasty | Cacao | Bamboo
A stronger, more umami-flavor matcha taste.
Use a bamboo whisk to vigorously blend matcha with water and/or a splash of milk (we prefer unsweetened, organic almond milk).
Try our electric whisking device, the Shaka Shaka.
Recommended preparation: Matcha Latte1. Warm your favorite milk to 180*, set aside
2. Sift a heaping 1/2 tsp over 1.5 oz of water in your mug or bowl (this removes the clumps) and whisk well
3. Pour warmed milk into matcha concentrate
Also perfect for baking and adding to your smoothies!
- High concentration of chlorophyll, a natural detoxifier and liver-cleanser
- High concentration of L-theanine, which calms the mind and improves focus
- 34mg of caffeine per serving provide an energy boost without the crash
- Packed with EGCg, which has been linked to faster metabolism, brain health, and reduced risk of cancer and diabetes