- Matchaful's tencha leaves are shaded for one month before harvest, and only the finest, sweetest leaves are chosen during harvesting
- Immediately after the tea leaves have been picked, they are taken to the local tenchero to be steamed and dried, in order to prevent the healthful enzymes from oxidizing, keeping the leaves as fresh and nutritious as when they were hand-picked from the plant
- Our tea leaves are carefully plucked from organic tea fields during harvest season, spanning from May - July
- Once these tea leaves have been picked, they are steamed to prevent the healthful enzymes from oxidizing, keeping the leaves as fresh and nutritious as when they were hand-picked from the plant
- Before our leaves are ground into matcha, they are de-stemmed and de-veined, to reduce any bitter flavors
- Lastly, the leaves are delicately ground into a super fine powder using traditional granite stones. We work with some of the best artisanal stone grinders to ensure high quality and efficient production
- MATCHAFUL is created!
- Since matcha loses taste and color when it’s exposed to light and oxidation, we use packaging that is airtight and kept in a foil bag or aluminum tin