Orders over $65 and subscriptions ship for free! Orders under $65 have a $5 flat rate shipping fee. Depending on your order value and destination, your order will either ship by USPS First Class/Priority or UPS Ground.
Matchaful ships to anywhere in the U.S., including U.S. territories. Currently, international shipping is not offered, but we hope to soon.
Returns & Exchanges
Returns and exchanges are offered within 30 days of purchase on non-perishable items. Note, matcha and housemade snacks are considered perishable barring any item defect and therefore not eligible for return or exchange. Items marked as final sale are non-returnable.
How does the Subscription Program work?
If you love discounts and don't want to have to remember to place your regular matcha order, our Subscription Program was made for you!
You will receive a 10% discount on every single order and free shipping. That's a total discount of up to $12 a month.
Terms and Conditions:
There is a 2-order minimum fulfilled order on all subscriptions. By starting a monthly subscription, you agree to this policy.
Other helpful information:
• Your subscription orders will be automatically placed on the same day of the month you began your subscription. For example, if you started your subscription on January 3rd, your order will be automatically placed on the 3rd of each month or every other month (whichever interval you specified).
• You will be charged when the order is placed.
• If you know in advance you won't be needing matcha for awhile, or aren't ready for your next order, you can select a new date for delivery.
• So long as your monthly order has not already been processed, you can cancel at any time (after the 2-order minimum) via your account, or by dropping us a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll remove the subscription for you.
• Once your monthly subscription order has been processed, we cannot intercept or cancel orders. If you need to make changes to or cancel your order, including updating the shipping address, please update via your account or email us at email@example.com at least 2-3 days in advance of your order date.
Shin Kazuho Whisk
We are proud to share the ancient art of chasen (tea whisks) with our Matchaful community.
The Shin-Kazuho style tea whisk is handmade in Japan from Hachiku Bamboo. Cut from one single piece of bamboo, this whisk sports 100 fine prongs. The tines of the Shin Kazuho Whisk are lightly curved and don’t have hooks at the end. This particular style of whisk creates a finer foam with fewer irregular bubbles.
* Since the whisks are shaped directly out of bamboo, there is a slight natural variation in size and shape. Your whisk may not match exactly with the one pictured.
Our bamboo whisks are created specifically for preparing matcha. Forks, spoons, and metal whisks do not properly mix the matcha powder—you will always have clumps. Bamboo whisks are the secret to achieving frothy matcha. We consider it a must-have for matcha preparation.
Handwash with warm water and place atop a whisk holder to dry.
You may also soak the whisk in warm water before use to soften the bristles, which will help you achieve the perfect froth.
To extend the lifespan and shape of your whisk, we recommend a whisk holder. This will help the whisk to dry and maintain the shape of its bamboo prongs.
Matchaful is a proud member of 1% for the Planet—a global network of businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations tackling our planet's most pressing environmental issues. As a member, we donate 1% of our annual sales to environmental nonprofits each year. Learn more about our partnerships here.
Before our matcha arrives at your front door, it undergoes extensive third-party testing for radiation, heavy metals, and over 700 pesticides and herbicides to ensure it meets Matchaful standards. All our matcha is pesticide-free or certified organic.
Read: Kiwami Heavy Metals and Radiation Report
Read: Hikari Heavy Metals and Radiation Report
— Matcha is the only tea where you actually ingest the leaf.
— Most teas are steeped and then thrown away.
— This is what makes matcha so special and unique, and also what leads to its amazing health benefits.
Matcha is an antioxidant powerhouse. On the ORAC scale (oxygen radical absorbance capacity – a measure of the antioxidant capacity of food), it surpasses all other antioxidant-rich foods including blueberries, pomegranates, and dark chocolate.
The antioxidants in matcha are made up of 60% catechin polyphenols – the most potent antioxidant. Catechins offer protection against many kinds of cancer, helping to prevent heart disease, reduce cholesterol, and slow the process of aging. The most important and abundant polyphenol in matcha is EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) – the same polyphenol found in all green teas.
Sustained Energy & Focus
L-Theanine, an amino acid found in matcha, combines with caffeine to create increased focused and sustained energy throughout the day. L-Theanine has been hailed for relaxing the brain, muscles, and blood vessels. It can help lower blood pressure, enhance mood and promotes a sense of calmness by relaxing alpha waves in the brain (associated with a feeling of happiness and alertness) and increasing dopamine production – two of the brain’s ‘feel good’ chemicals. This amino acid is the secret ingredient that leaves you feeling energetic and focused yet calm all day long.
Cleansing & Detoxifying
Matcha is five times higher in chlorophyll than regular green tea. The primary reason chlorophyll is considered a superfood is because of its strong antioxidant and anticancer effects. Chlorophyll benefits the immune system because it’s able to form tight molecular bonds with certain chemicals that contribute to oxidative damage and diseases like cancer or liver disease. Chlorophyll can help give you clear skin, protect your blood and heart, and also help prevent joint inflammation.
Shin Kazuho Whisk