Posted on March 18 2017
In search of a new smoothie to try with matcha? This ginger coconut matcha smoothie by model & chef Britt Maren is a very unique smoothie recipe and is sure to delight!
Matcha Coconut Smoothie:
- 2 cups frozen bananas, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp organic matcha powder (Matchaful Jade Grade!)
- 1 cup greens
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ice, optional
- optional mix-ins: 1/2 cup Earl Grey tea, 2 drops bergamot essential oil, 2 Medjool dates, 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp spirulina
- optional toppings: 1 tbsp coconut flakes, 1 tbsp goji berries
Blend frozen banana, coconut milk, coconut water, matcha powder, greens, coconut flakes, crystallized ginger, and vanilla extract on high until thick and creamy. Feel free to add (any combination of) Earl Grey tea, bergamot oil, Medjool dates, frozen pineapple, cinnamon, or spirulina to the blender as well, and top with coconut flakes and/or goji berries, if desired. Makes 2 smoothies.